- Get an agent for my nonfiction MS Ailing Body, Nourished Soul (the professional edit for it is 99.9% done--once it's complete, it's heading to the agent's assistant who requested it. If that isn't enough, I query others)
- Complete AT LEAST THE SECOND DRAFT of my Biblical fiction, Handmaiden to a Princess
- Keep my name "out there" - keep building my platform (facebook, twitter, blogging, reading blogs, guest blogging, writing for group blogs, etc.)
- Keep my "life priorities" in order (spending time with the family, keeping the house clean(er), being more attentive, etc.)
- Once a month (generally on the first Tuesday of each month), have a technology fast day. No computer. No email. No internet. No texting. (this scares me, but I am SO feeling called to do it, and I probably need MORE than that.)
Second draft of Handmaiden to A Princess? Again, no - but I have made progress, and have learned a LOT about my writing, and what I still NEED to learn. I really HAVE grown in my writing, and know where I'm going - sorta ;).
Keeping name out there? Pretty good, I'd say. Am involved in another group blog and a facebook devotional community, I write for the FaithWriters blog, and my presence on Facebook and twitter have expanded (plus what I was already doing!).
As far as life priorities, you might wanna ask my hubby, but I think I am doing better in general.
My Tech-Free Tuesdays have DEFINITELY been a success. They have been wonderful for me, and I have completely succeeded with "staying away" (with the exception of one month when I fell on my face and needed text message moral support :::roll::: ).
So, not bad. Not great, but not bad. But overall, I think I did pretty well in keeping with my 2011 verse:
Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. 1 Corinthians 7:17 NIV (emphasis mine)I think I DID, generally, bloom where I was planted. :)
And as far as goals for next year? Check out Wednesday's post for that (this one was getting a bit long. Don't you think? ;)).
How did YOU do for any goals you set for 2011?
Traveling Rough Roads With God's Strength