- Get an agent for my nonfiction MS Ailing Body, Nourished Soul (the professional edit for it is 99.9% done--once it's complete, it's heading to the agent's assistant who requested it. If that isn't enough, I query others)
- Complete AT LEAST THE SECOND DRAFT of my Biblical fiction, Handmaiden to a Princess
- Keep my name "out there" - keep building my platform (facebook, twitter, blogging, reading blogs, guest blogging, writing for group blogs, etc.)
- Keep my "life priorities" in order (spending time with the family, keeping the house clean(er), being more attentive, etc.)
- Once a month (generally on the first Tuesday of each month), have a technology fast day. No computer. No email. No internet. No texting. (this scares me, but I am SO feeling called to do it, and I probably need MORE than that.)
Second draft of Handmaiden to A Princess? Again, no - but I have made progress, and have learned a LOT about my writing, and what I still NEED to learn. I really HAVE grown in my writing, and know where I'm going - sorta ;).
Keeping name out there? Pretty good, I'd say. Am involved in another group blog and a facebook devotional community, I write for the FaithWriters blog, and my presence on Facebook and twitter have expanded (plus what I was already doing!).
As far as life priorities, you might wanna ask my hubby, but I think I am doing better in general.
My Tech-Free Tuesdays have DEFINITELY been a success. They have been wonderful for me, and I have completely succeeded with "staying away" (with the exception of one month when I fell on my face and needed text message moral support :::roll::: ).
So, not bad. Not great, but not bad. But overall, I think I did pretty well in keeping with my 2011 verse:
Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. 1 Corinthians 7:17 NIV (emphasis mine)I think I DID, generally, bloom where I was planted. :)
And as far as goals for next year? Check out Wednesday's post for that (this one was getting a bit long. Don't you think? ;)).
How did YOU do for any goals you set for 2011?
Traveling Rough Roads With God's Strength
Jo, you still amaze me.ReplyDelete
Joanne, all of your goals will happen. Your writing is awesome and so are you!ReplyDelete
I think it's highly commendable that you even make a list. Making a list makes me shudder...ReplyDelete
I'm with Patty. You're unbelievable in all the ways you shine God's influence upon others. You get my vote, sister.
God's blessings upon you as you mark these final days of 2011. I look forward to seeing what God has for you in 2012.
I love the idea of a technology fast day. Not sure I'm ready for it right now, but maybe soon...ReplyDelete
And I just know an agent is right around the corner. You are an excellent writer with a wonderful story to tell! :-)
That's impressive, Jo! May this be the year that your perseverance and diligence pay off. That's my prayer for you. Love you and Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
You are amazing.ReplyDelete