That being said, my perception of how this past month (which I now fondly call "May Madness" - who's with me?) would go was VERY off. How far? Well, check out my goals for last month, directly from my blog post:
- Write 8,000 words in my current WIP, Handmaiden to a Princess (guess I'd better take that 500 a day button off my blog for the time being, eh??)
- Post to my blog a minimum of twice a week (with a TRUE goal of three times a week as the month goes on)
- Enter the FaithWriters writing challenge ONCE this month (feeling like I need to write a bit more fiction that is NOT my novel!)
So, let's start with the good news. I did write and enter the Writing Challenge in May. Even made the top 40. And it may end up being something longer. So many unanswered questions there! I also posted it on my blog last week for Friday Fiction - check it out here if you haven't already.
On a similar note, I also wrote another bit of fiction during May (bonus! Writing NOT on the agenda). Got the inspiration from a very odd place, and it was fun work to get it written. Click here to read "Cori's Box" if you're interested.
I also met my goal of posting to my blog a minimum of twice a week. In fact, I posted to my blog EXACTLY twice a week every week but one, when I posted three times.
Not so good, eh? I could justify it with lots of reasons/excuses if I wanted to, but I'm not gonna bother. I'm done with this looking back thing for now - time to move forward.
So, on THAT note, my goals for the month of June are to:
- Write 4,500 words in my current work in progress, Handmaiden To a Princess (just for the interested, that averages out to 150 words a day, every day)
- Post to my blog two to three times a week
- Enter the Faithwriters' Writing Challenge once this month
- Get back in the habit of reading others' blogs (I miss this, and know it is SO good for me - and encouraging for others!)
Paving Rough Roads With God's Presence
Jo, I'd say you did very well for the mad month of May! So pat yourself of the back, girl.ReplyDelete
Good luck on your June goals. You can do it! :-)
I don't know where May went as well, but I know where June is headed...ReplyDelete
Out the door to a new house. Thus, my visits will be infrequent. I'm looking forward to getting settled into a new home, city, routine, etc. For the first summer in forever, I'm actually thrilled to have the kids home with me. School was a real buzzard for us this year.
Thanks for stopping by. It was good to "hear" you again.