That being said, my perception of how this past month (which I now fondly call "May Madness" - who's with me?) would go was VERY off. How far? Well, check out my goals for last month, directly from my blog post:
- Write 8,000 words in my current WIP, Handmaiden to a Princess (guess I'd better take that 500 a day button off my blog for the time being, eh??)
- Post to my blog a minimum of twice a week (with a TRUE goal of three times a week as the month goes on)
- Enter the FaithWriters writing challenge ONCE this month (feeling like I need to write a bit more fiction that is NOT my novel!)
So, let's start with the good news. I did write and enter the Writing Challenge in May. Even made the top 40. And it may end up being something longer. So many unanswered questions there! I also posted it on my blog last week for Friday Fiction - check it out here if you haven't already.
On a similar note, I also wrote another bit of fiction during May (bonus! Writing NOT on the agenda). Got the inspiration from a very odd place, and it was fun work to get it written. Click here to read "Cori's Box" if you're interested.
I also met my goal of posting to my blog a minimum of twice a week. In fact, I posted to my blog EXACTLY twice a week every week but one, when I posted three times.
2614 / 8000 words. 33% done!
Not so good, eh? I could justify it with lots of reasons/excuses if I wanted to, but I'm not gonna bother. I'm done with this looking back thing for now - time to move forward.
So, on THAT note, my goals for the month of June are to:
- Write 4,500 words in my current work in progress, Handmaiden To a Princess (just for the interested, that averages out to 150 words a day, every day)
- Post to my blog two to three times a week
- Enter the Faithwriters' Writing Challenge once this month
- Get back in the habit of reading others' blogs (I miss this, and know it is SO good for me - and encouraging for others!)
Paving Rough Roads With God's Presence