But regardless, it's time to look back at the month and see how I did on my goals, and set some new ones. Also wanna see how I'm progressing on my goals for 2011.
Let's start with the annual ones. I'm still doing well with the "getting an agent for Ailing Body, Nourished Soul" thing. Not much progress on Handmaiden to a Princess - but I'll share more about that below. In the platform building deal, I definitely have taken a step forward by helping put together and being a contributing blogger to Jewels of Encouragement, a new blog that was just launched almost two weeks ago (Stop by if you haven't!). Plus my facebook and twitter and other such stuff. :). Not EVEN gonna mention more "family time."
Okay - now that I'm done with that, how about my February goals? Here they are, direct from last month's post.
1. 7,000 words in Handmaiden to a Princess (that works out to 250 words a day, every day)
2. Three blog posts a week minimum.
3. Do whatever is needed for Ailing Body, Nourished Soul (including looking out for contests to enter it in!)
4. Keep up on my house so I don't have to spend most of my "tech free day" cleaning (by the way, did NOT make this one for January :::blush:::)
Well...not so good. I DID accomplish #s 2 and 3 (20 blog posts this past month, and I found a contest or two I could enter Ailing Body, Nourished Soul in.).
And then there's the other two. Because of another project I'm now involved in (more info below!), I put Handmaiden to a Princess on hold a few weeks ago. My word count for February? 889 words. And that "keeping up on the house" thing? Um...I'd rather not comment. Hoping it will look better after my Tech-Free Tuesday, which will NOT be a cleaning-free Tuesday. I PROMISE.
And now - a quick blurb on my "other project." A couple writing friends of mine and I are working together to put together the book proposal for a Biblical fiction devotional for tweens. The amazing Jennifer Slattery has received proposal requests from a few publishers, and she,the lovely Elaine Cooper, and I are working on getting that put together. I am SO excited about this project -and working with these awesome ladies :)
And NOW, time for my goals for March!
- Whatever needs to be done for Ailing Body, Nourished Soul
- Finish "my part" of the tween devo proposal, plus whatever else needs to be done on that project
- Three blog posts a week minimum
- SOME progress on Handmaiden to a Princess
Paving Rough Roads With God's Presence