About a year ago, I adopted a theme quote AND a theme Bible verse for 2009. I tried to make them the center of my blog AND general thoughts throughout the year.
In case you were unaware, here they are:
Be of good cheer. Do not think of to-day's failures, but of success that may come to-morrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will have a joy in overcoming obstacles—a delight in climbing rugged paths which you would perhaps never know if you did not sometimes slip backward, if the road were always smooth and pleasant. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Philippians 3:12And, for the most part, I pressed on. I persevered. I accomplished things - large and small.
But, apparently, it wasn't fine with God.Because, just as I had settled on keeping the same Philippians verse, the Lord impressed on me a totally different verse from that book. And it has made me think 2010 is going to be one heck of a year. And so I now must retire my turtle (pout) and introduce you to my new friend Gideon.
2010 Theme Verse: I can do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
And with HIM in mind: my writing goals for 2010:
- Submit POINTED, specific queries to several agents for "Ailing Body, Nourished Soul."(unless, of course, one is enough
- Start and FINISH a Biblical fiction novel on Michal (at least the rough draft!)
- Enter the first chapter of said Michal novel in the ACFW Genesis Contest (deadline March 31)
- Post a MINIMUM of three times a week on my blog
- Work on my book(s) EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR - even if only for ten minutes (this includes agent and other research, editing, and, of course, writing - whether the book itself or a query, proposal, or whatever)
- Spend a MINIMUM of thirty minutes a day on book stuff five days out of each week
- Take at least one online writing class (preferably more)
- Explore and take full advantage of my (brand new!) ACFW membership
- Step ahead in faith regarding WHATEVER God puts in my writing life
Well, there ya go! I know I generally post monthly goals - but with all this, I think I'll hold off until February to do that.
So - what are YOUR goals - writing or otherwise--for this new year? Would love to see them. Blessings to all, and thanks for your support and prayers! What a year this could be!