So, here are were goals for August, direct from last month's goals/progress post:
- Do a complete read-through/fix of Ailing Body Nourished Soul to prepare it for two dear friends to look it over/submission to the contest.
- Look through many of the resources I learned about from my Writing and Researching Historical Fiction class last month, doing some research for Handmaiden to a Princess.
- Take full advantage of my my one free month at www.bestsellersociety.com (a perk of taking the Jeff Gerke class last month!). Looks like an awesome resource!
And I CANNOT say enough amazing things about the Bestseller Society. I learned so, SO much in my month there! Made it through TWENTY-FIVE lessons in 31 days - and took pages and pages of notes. If you can afford it, I truly cannot recommend it more highly (and you can get a 14-day free trial to check it out.). There are classes on fiction, nonfiction, and marketing (and those 25 I took? That's not all of them - there were a few I couldn't get to in both the writing tracks, and I didn't even TOUCH marketing). Be sure to watch for my Writing Craft Recap post with just SOME of what I learned (it should be up this coming Thursday here at my blog). (And no, this is not a paid announcement)
However, with all that excitement (plus it being summer, and a vacation thrown in, I did NOT get to my Handmaiden to a Princess research. Oh well! :)
So, how about September? Well, here we go:
- Look through many of the resources I learned about from my Writing and Researching Historical Fiction class in July, doing some research for Handmaiden to a Princess.
- Get as much as I can out of September's free ACFW course: Plodding vs. Plotting - How to Get Your Novel Moving, taught by Henry McLaughlin.
- Prepare a chapter of Handmaiden to a Princess for the free edit Cindy Vallar (teacher of the writing and researching historical fiction class I took) offered to all her students.
Thanks for reading, and encouraging me. You guys are wonderful!
Traveling Rough Roads With God's Strength