|Spring has sprung!|
Can you believe we're 1/4 of the way through the year? I know I can't. My kids are in the fourth quarter of the school year (and on spring break, but that's beside the point!). The year is simply flying by. And I've been striving to take advantage of every minute of it.
How have I been doing, you ask? Well, since we're done with the first quarter of 2012, I think I'll look over my goals for the month AND the year - just to see how I'm doing.
First - my 2012 goals, from my post in late December:
- Learn as much as I can about writing from various places, applying what I've learned to Handmaiden To A Princess and any other writing I do.
- Restructure my non-fiction book Ailing Body, Nourished Soul into more of a "help" book, and get the new version out to publishers/agents.
- Work with Jennifer Slattery to put together the second Story of Faith devotional book (New Testament biblical fiction devotionals for tweens).
- Continue to build my name recognition/platform.
But how about March in particular? Well, let's see. Here are my March goals, from my last goals/progress post:
- Keep up on the Margie Lawson class - Deep Editing: The EDITS System, Rhetorical Devices, and more - I'm signed up for in March. This one should build on ALL I learned in February, and add to it! Join me if you can. It looks to be AMAZING.
- Work to implement what I'm learning in Handmaiden to a Princess, and possibly Ailing Body, Nourished Soul. A new short story would be great too :)
- Write at least one short story (probably for the FaithWriters Writing Challenge) applying what I've learned thusfar this year.
As I mentioned above, I did do SOME implementation of what I've learned into HtP, but not as much as I need to (if I had, I NEVER would have gotten the reading and assignments done for my Margie class!). But that's okay. I am SEEING places that need to be fixed - and I know - generally anyway - what to do.
And I DID write a short story - for the FW challenge even - incorporating what I learned. And I ECed with it! Read it here if you want. It was fun to write, and a great encouragement to me to see I was "getting" and could apply what I've been learning.
So - a good month! Full of information I can use. And April, I have decided, is a month where I will USE it. How? Check out my goals below:
|Busy on my WIP this month!|
- Review the classes I've taken since the beginning of 2012 (Mistakes that Scream Novice, Six Stages of Change - The Character Arc, Empowering Characters' Emotions, and Deep Editing) and work on applying what I've learned to Handmaiden to a Princess, starting with page one and working through til the month,or what I've written so far, is done - whichever comes first..
- Finish reading and learning from Characters, Emotion, and Viewpoint by Nancy Kress (I'm about 1/3 of the way through currently. Learning tons here too!).
- Write another short story, likely for the FaithWriters Writing Challenge, applying what I've learned thusfar.
Traveling Rough Roads With God's Strength