October was, by far, the least "normal" month I've had in a while. I had no computer for 10 plus days. I received a pleasant (but quite unexpected) surprise. Not to mention the other things I'm not remembering.
But just because things didn't end up the way I expected doesn't mean I don't check out how I did on my goals for the month. So...here I go.
My October goals - direct from my October goals/progress post:
- Get the first 7,000 words of Handmaiden to a Princess ready for West Houston RWA's Emily contest- and submit it in the "Novel with Romantic Elements" category before the October 7 deadline.
- Get the first 1,000 words and back cover blurb of Handmaiden to a Princess ready for ACFW Ohio's Hook Me contest and submit before the October 31 deadline.
- Once I get Ailing Body Nourished Soul back from its edit, make the necessary fixes and get it off to to the agent assistant as soon as possible.
- Write another 5k or more in Handmaiden to a Princess. (after the contest stuff is dealt with)
- Finish Plot and Structure, and read at least one NON-CRAFT book for pleasure (or at least start it)
- Post a minimum of three times a week to my blog (if I keep doing well, this will be understood, and OFF my goal list.)
- Enter the FaithWriters' Writing Challenge in October.
I haven't written another word of Handmaiden to A Princess, but I have done a bit of preliminary outlining (found out I need more structure than I thought I did!). And I DID finish Plot and Structure (see my opinion of it here) and have started my "book for pleasure:" Blue Like Play Dough by Tricia Goyer (LOVING it!). I think I'm halfway through.
But my big, exciting news is on item #3. The edit of Ailing Body, Nourished Soul has begun! We're about 1/4 of the way through, and I can SEE it getting better and better with each suggestion. SO glad I'm having it done.
And that, unsurprisingly, leads me to my new list of goals for November (the second-to-last month of the year. Can you believe it?)
- Keep up with fixes on my Ailing Body, Nourished Soul edit, with the hope of having it ready to submit to the agent's assistant as soon as humanly possible (can I dream of before December??)
- Finish outlining Handmaiden to a Princess and get, say, at least 5k words written
- Continue my reading habit (i.e. finish Blue Like Play Dough and at least start another book)
- Three blog posts minimum a week
- Enter the FaithWriters' Writing Challenge in November
Paving Rough Roads With God's Presence
It's good to see you go through all of that - instead of getting stuck in one of those places - just want you to know I appreciate your joyfulness in all things.ReplyDelete
You can do it! Glad you marked off at least a few things. Sometimes that's all we can do. :-)ReplyDelete
I am tired just reading this! You are doing great!ReplyDelete