Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. Genesis 6:9bSo God chose him, among all the people who populated His world, to survive. And his family - his wife, their three sons, and three daughters-in-law. But that was IT.
- Noah spent years building a gigantic ark (450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high) with nothing but God's direction. And almost assuredly scoffers from those around him. Genesis 6:14-22
- Noah and his family boarded the ark - before the rain started - and stayed there for a week waiting for it - because God told them to. Genesis 7:5-7, 10
- Noah took care of the hundreds of animals on the ark without complaint - for a full year.
- Even though the land appeared dry, and he had to be ready for a change of scenery, he did not get off the ark until God told him to. Genesis 8:15-18
- The first thing Noah did after getting off was offer a sacrifice to the Lord. Genesis 8:20
And we can do the same, with the help of the Lord, and the inspiration of Noah.
Scripture Stories: Timeless Truths
(clipat courtesy of christiansunite.com)