Welcome to my Wednesday feature God is So Good. Here I will share stories - true and fiction, mine and others' - of the Lord's presence in the midst of trials, struggles, and difficulties.
You'd think that with all the many ways the Lord has provided for me, my husband, and my family over the past years, trusting Him, and being thankful, would be easy. I've seen Him provide so many times - in big ways and small - that appreciation would be natural. That I'd never get discouraged.In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33b
But it isn't true. No matter that He saved my husband from death in so many ways. I have to stress that He isn't going to provide that little thing I need. I worry, forget to trust, conveniently allow His goodness to slip from my mind.
Even during the week of Thanksgiving, when EVERYONE is supposed to be thankful, I major on what I don't have rather than what I do. And this optimist goes against her own bent and decides the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.
God is so good. Here's my list of just some of the things I am thankful for this week - that I can praise the Lord for.
- An amazing school that has helped, and is continuing to help, my children grow in so many ways.
- Not just one, or even two, but three different church families that have supported us in so many ways during our journey in Christ.
- A mechanic who will not only have someone drive me home, but pick me up again and take me to the car rental place.
- A husband who will be strong--and encourage me to do the same--when I just want to give in.
- A functioning garage door opener.
- Incredible friends - both local and far away.
- Credit cards
- That no matter how often I forget how many things I have to be thankful for, the Lord will still love me, and provide for me in ways beyond what I can imagine or think.
Do you have a story you'd like to share about God's goodness in your struggles? Drop me an email and we can talk!
Traveling Rough Roads With God's Strength