Of course, that's NOT stopping me from sharing how last month went, and what my plans are for May - which arrived ENTIRELY too fast for me. Sheeeesh.
ANYhow - my goals for April, straight from last month's post, were:
- Review the classes I've taken since the beginning of 2012 (Mistakes that Scream Novice, Six Stages of Change - The Character Arc, Empowering Characters' Emotions, and Deep Editing) and work on applying what I've learned to Handmaiden to a Princess, starting with page one and working through til the month,or what I've written so far, is done - whichever comes first.
- Finish reading and learning from Characters, Emotion, and Viewpoint by Nancy Kress (I'm about 1/3 of the way through currently. Learning tons here too!).
- Write another short story, likely for the FaithWriters Writing Challenge, applying what I've learned thusfar.
I did finish Characters, Emotion, and Viewpoint (great book!) - watch my blog on Thursday for what I learned from it, and a few other writing-related publications I made it through this past month. I didn't write another short story, but that's okay. Was busy with "life" stuff.
So, I did all right. How about May, you ask? Well, here I go.
- Keep up and learn from the month-long online Setting as Description class I'm signed up for in May (actually started yesterday) at Savvy Authors. This one sounds GOOD, especially for a biblical fiction writer like me. And I'll bet it's not too late to sign up, since it's only been going for 24 hours. Join me? (though I SHOULD mention there's already an assignment due at the end of today - which I've finished so I can ENJOY my tech-free day!)
- Work on what I've learned in my classes this year to Handmaiden to A Princess, "fixing" another 30 pages of the manuscript.
- Learn from Janice Thompson's FREE class on the ACFW course loop - Adding Humor to Your Writing (this one sounds FUN!). (this is a "want to" - will let this one slide if I get too overwhelmed - can always go back and look at it later)
Traveling Rough Roads With God's Strength