So, how did I do with my goals? Well, let's see. I've posted them below(directly from last months goals/progress post):
- Keep up with the two online classes I'm taking this month (1. Avoiding Mistakes that Scream Novice on the ACFW course loop[free to ACFW members!] and 2. Six Stages of Change - The Character ARC at Savvy Authors ) and make good progress in The Art of War for Writers by James Scott Bell.
- Completely read through Ailing Body, Nourished Soul, noting thoughts of how to "transform" it into less of a memoir and more of a "help through struggles" book.
- Work with Jennifer Slattery on determining the 52 New Testament biblical fiction devos in our next project.
I'm not QUITE done reading through Ailing Body, Nourished Soul - just six chapters to go out of 28. Planning to be done by the end of this week. So not quite - but close. And Jennifer and I DID finish determining - and outlining - the 52 devos we'll be doing.
So, overall, it was a pretty good month. And how about February, you ask? Well, here are my goals:
- Keep up on the Margie Lawson class - Empowering Characters' Emotions - I'm taking in February (This is an incredible teacher - and class. Can't recommend it more highly. So much to learn - lots of reading, but SO worth it - and it's not too late to sign up!)
- Finish my Ailing Body, Nourished Soul read-through and continue to ponder what God wants me to do with this manuscript.
- Be intentional about applying what I've learned so far this year to my writing (blog posts, at least one "new" short story, and possibly Handmaiden to a Princess)
Traveling Rough Roads With God's Strength
Looks like your 2012 is off to a great start.ReplyDelete