But, I digress. Back to business. My goals for July were:
- Write 10,000 words in my current WIP, Handmaiden to a Princess.
- Tighten up/perfect/prepare my manuscript Ailing Body, Nourished Soul for pitching.
- Begin putting together the paperwork I'll need (proposal? etc.) to pitch my book.
- Post to my blog twice a week
- Enter the Faithwriters' challenge in July (though this one will be the first "to go" if I can't handle all this stuff!
1 - Made a bit more than half of that - check the counter below to see. But that's okay - cuz my emphasis REALLY needed to be on Ailing Body, Nourished Soul
5360 / 10000 words. 54% done!
2- Worked on it quite a bit. Not done - in fact, there is much to do, partly because of a very dear and well-respected friend looking it over and giving me some EXCELLENT advice that I truly feel called to input.
3 - Now THIS took up a lot of my time. Once I saw how elaborate and in-depth the proposal was, a good deal of my time went here. I am QUITE close to finished with the rough draft of this-need to finish the comparables and add some more to the marketing plan, and that's it.
4 - I am pleased to say that I posted AT LEAST two posts a week - a total of 12 for the month. woo!
5 - I said this would be first to go - and it was. No challenge entry this month.
But July is behind me - time to focus on AUGUST! And that would be the month of the FaithWriters' conference - in Livonia, Michigan August 13 and 14, where I'll be pitching Ailing Body, Nourished Soul. Yeah, I'm nervous. But I MAY have my pitch, my proposal is almost done, and I WILL get at least my sample chapters up to snuff by then.
So...my goals for August are
- Write 3,000 words in my current WIP, Handmaiden to a Princess (do NOT wanna stop the momentum!)
- Finish my book proposal for Ailing Body, Nourished Soul (no later than August 10)
- "Fix" my three proposal chapters of ABNS no later than August 7, and continue working on the remaining chapters until they are done.
- Enter Ailing Body, Nourished Soul in the Houston Writers' Guild Fall Novel/Screenplay Contest (deadline is September 3 - and it has to go through snail mail)
- Post a minimum of twice a week to my blog
- Enter the FaithWriters' Writing Challenge once in August.