Yup, it's that time again! As my regular readers know, I'm working on getting my non-fiction manuscript, Ailing Body Nourished Soul, ready for a professional edit. I last blogged about it this the last day of May. At that time, I set some goals for the month of June.
AND...here they were~
For June I will strive to:So, how did I do? Not too bad. I believe I skipped ONE day of working on my book out of 30, but that's excusable. I've also made it through more than half of the chapters, and HAVE increased my word count pretty well, as you can see below.
- Work on my book every day of the month, if only for ten minutes (missed a few days in May - but that's okay!)
- Continue to work on beefing up/showing better in my manuscript, working from where I left off and continuing through the chapters in order
- Work through at least a few of the Shirley Jump worksheets
My progress on "beefing up" my manuscript - word count of expanded chapters - through chapter 18 of 32.
28989 / 60000 words. 48% done!
(I also increased that word count by realizing that when I DO a word count in MS Word, it doesn't count anything I have in text boxes. Note that :D)
As far as the Shirley Jump articles? Nope :( Maybe this month!
And now, on to THIS month! (very similar to June's by the way!)
My goals for July:
- Work on my book every day of the month, if only for fifteen minutes
- Continue to work on beefing up/"showing" what happened in my manuscript, starting with chapter 19, where I left off, and continuing in order.
- Read a couple Shirley Jump articles, and watch the webinar I PAID FOR about using social media
And see you back for another update in a month or so!
(and don't miss my blogoversary giveaway this week! Click on Monday's post to enter!)