Yeah - I'm late, but it's been crazy around here ;)
Anyhow, thank you so much to those of you who tried to think up ideas for my giveaway (even if you didn't get a chance to share with me!), and for supporting my efforts - Stina and Patty especially: thanks for linking up to my giveaway on your blog. I SO appreciate it!
Well, I got two entries for my giveaway, and, since I have two prizes, each person will get one (no point doing a drawing, right?). If, by the way, you don't recall the "rules," just click on the button at the top of this post and it will take you to the original post.
So...congratulations to...But the real reason I'm doing this post (yeah - my winners have known their prizes since yesterday) is to share the 10-day quiet time plans I've been given. I know that at least some of you are looking for some Bible reading/devotional time material, and BOTH of these entries would do you quite well. I'm quite excited for Monday, when I will start working through Catrina's plan for me. Patty's is wonderful too - but I'll start with Catrina's, since it's the one I'll actually be using to finish out the year (and possibly into January too!)
Catrina Bradley, who will receive It Happened by Design, an anthology of God-incidences that has one story of mine in it.
and to Patty Wysong, who will receive The Little Style Guide to Great Christian Writing and Publishing by Leonard G. and Catherine Stanford Goss (which should come in handy to her as she works on her first novel).
30 Days of Promises
By Catrina Bradley
By Catrina Bradley
Your readers responded to your earlier request to share their favorite promise given to us in Scripture with some awesome Words from God. And when God makes a promise, He WILL follow through!! I was encouraged and comforted reading the many responses.
Following are the 29 Promises that were posted in response to your blog prompt, plus one more of my personal favorites to make an even 30.
On each of the days remaining in 2008 after you finish Revelation, choose one of these promises, read the chapter where it is spoken (and, as, time allows, the chapter before and after.) Journal or blog (your choice) on two things: 1. What this promise meant to the original receivers of the Word; and 2. What this promise means to you, personally, in this season of your life and your current walk with Christ.
Enjoy!! (I might just do this myself. :) )
1. "All the promises of God are 'yes!' in Christ Jesus."
II Corinthians 1:20
2. "All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. AND SURELY I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, TO THE VERY END OF THE AGE."
Matthew 28: 18-20
3. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust”
4. "Then when you call, the Lord will answer.
‘Yes, I am here,’ he will quickly reply.
“Remove the heavy yoke of oppression.
Stop pointing your finger and spreading vicious rumors!
Feed the hungry,
and help those in trouble.
Then your light will shine out from the darkness,
and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon."
5. “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
6. “For God so loved the world so much that He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”
7. “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know.”
8. "The One who calls you is faithful, and HE will do it."
1 Thessalonians 5:24
9. "The Lord is my strength and my song. He has become my salvation."
10. “But with God all things are possible.”
11. ”Because of the Lord's great love
we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail,
They are new very morning;
great is your faithfulness.
12. ”Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast.”
13. “In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”
14. "Before they call, I will answer"
15. "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
16. “One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.”
17. “Be still, and know that I am God.”
18. "The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it."
1 Thessalonians 5:24
19. “For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, He is a shield to those whose walk is blameless."
Proverbs 2: 6-7
20. "...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
21. “and in this wilderness where you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way you went until you came to this places.”
22. "O our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You."
23. "So here's what I want you to do, God helping you. Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him."
Romans 12:1 (The message)
24. "And the days of your mourning shall come to an end."
25. “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.”
26. “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
27. "But I trust in your unfailing love..and sing songs in the night."
28. "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit they way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
29. "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
30. If God is for us, who can be against us?
I'm not sure I'll be able to stop after ten days. This looks like an AWESOME study, don't you think?
My second one, from Patty, is a bit less involved, but still something I plan to do at some point.
By Patty Wysong
Read 3 chapters of Proverbs a day. Sure to give you a smart start for the year--(get it: the book of Wisdom).
Again - thanks all for supporting me and my blog. I'm planning another giveaway in a couple months, to celebrate 10 years of my salvation. I promise this one won't be quite as involved. Thanks again, faithful readers!