The past six months have been a new adventure for me. When I posted my first post at An Open Book on July 21, 2008, I had serious doubts about this blog lasting for any length of time. I was truly expecting to post a couple times, then let it drop.
Well, that didn't happen.I think it is generally fair to say that, six months and 100 posts later (that's about a post every day and a half!! yikes!), An Open Book has lasted. And it has absolutely blessed me, and I hope many of you. Being a blogger has been a true blessing--from my amazing new "bloggy friends," to encouragement on my book progress, to exhortation.
So, as a way of thanking you folks for your support and encouragement, I'm gonna have a contest/giveaway. However, unlike my cafe holiday expo giveaway (which is still going on through December 12 at midnight, by the way), I'm making you work for it (a bit, anyway!).
You see, part of my daily quiet time is reading from God's Word, and each year I read through the Bible from beginning to end. Just about every year, I use a "Bible In A Year" reading plan that lays out exactly what I need to read each day so I'm finishing off Revelation on December 31.
Well, this year was different. God led me to read the Bible through--but without a set schedule. I started in Genesis, and depending on how I felt led (and time, of course), I generally read two to four chapters. This has been a wonderful experience for me....but I have a problem.
You see, if I read as I expect, I'm actually going to be finishing up the Book of Revelation early: about a week and a half before New Year's Eve. So, in order to stay in the Word daily through 2008, I need a plan for the last ten days or so of the year.
That's where you come in.To qualify for my giveaway, you need to share a ten-day Bible/quiet time plan for me to use during the last days of December--or any time of year. You can either create it yourself or you can share something you've done or heard of in the past. It does not have to be Christmas-themed, but there are a few requirements, which I have listed below.
- Each day's activities must take no more than twenty-five minutes, and no less than five minutes.
- I must be required to open and read from my Bible each of the ten days.
- Recommending a resource to use for this plan (e.g. a devotional book) is fine, but it must cost no more than $10. (I already have a Bible, Concordance, and whatever else can be accessed free online)
- by responding to this post with the plan (equivalent to one entry)
- by emailing the plan to me (also one entry)
- by posting it on your blog (with a link back to my site) and adding your link to the Mr. Linky gadget below (equivalent to two entries)
So, have fun. Thanks for helping me celebrate this blog milestone, and for ending my year with a wonderful time in His Word. I look forward to "inspecting my options" for the last part of December!