And more about that later. But first, let' see how I did on my goals for May. Here they are, as usual - right from last month's goals/progress post.
- Post, on topic, at least twice a week to my blog (with 2/3 of it fresh content) - this does not count teaser posts to other blogs I post to.
- Prepare one-sheets for, and present pitches on, Flitter's Foggy Day and A Story of Faith.
- Work at least some every week on Ailing Body, Nourished Soul
- Enjoy and learn much from the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference in North Carolina the week before Memorial Day.
|Me and my AMAZING Blue Ridge Buds :)|
One thing I definitely got out of conference (among others!) is that I LOVE writing for children. In general, that is going to be my focus from here on out. It won't be the ONLY thing I write, but that's where I plan to hang my hat, so to speak.
So- how about June goals? With the kids home much of this month (they have ONE MORE WEEK of school), I'm going to be slim on home/kidless time, but I should be able to keep up some kind of pace/groove. So, I'll aim for the following:
- Post at least ten times on my blog (that includes this post, and doesn't include teaser posts to other places I blog at).
- Have a good handle, at least, on the organization of Ailing Body Nourished Soul.
- Have a polished version of the honeybee picture book I started in my picture book practicum at Blue Ridge
- Research SCWBI and other organizations that might help me with my new children's book focus.
Scripture Stories: Timeless Truths
Goals are good - and isn't it SO helpful to put them "out there" where you (and others) see them?! It's instant accountability for me!ReplyDelete
What a great "take home" from the conference - a focus on children's literature...
Keep it up, Joanne!
Thanks, Rebecca - I am TOTALLY the goal girl. Appreciate your encouragement!!Delete
Hi, Joanne! I know we didn't get to meet at the conference, but I thought I'd share a very helpful message board for children's writers and illustrators. I've found lots of useful information there. Here's the link: http://www.verlakay.com/boards/index.phpReplyDelete
Best wishes on meeting your writing goals this month!
Ohh - thanks for the message board link! Will definitely check it out.Delete
Have a FABULOUS day!