And, I'm pleased to say, they have been QUITE productive ones - and full of excitement! First - just a bit of fun news to share.
Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference, held outside Asheville, North Carolina Sunday, May 19-Thursday, May 23. The lineup looks WONDERFUL, the center looks amazing and RELAXING, and I can't wait.
And since I'm going, I need to get my writing into gear - cuz the more I have done BEFORE I leave, the more, I think, I can benefit.
SOO - back to the main topic. How did I do on my goals this month? Well, let's see.
Here they are, straight from last month's goals/progress post:
- Post, on topic, two to three times a week on my blog (with at least 2/3 of it fresh content) - this does NOT include "teaser" posts to other places I blog.
- Finish steps seven (character charts), eight (list of all the scenes I'll need), and nine (narrative description of the story) of Snowflake for Handmaiden to a Princess.
- Be finished with lecture seven of Margie Lawson's lecture packet Defeat Self-Defeating Behaviors, and started lecture eight.
I can give a loud, excited, nervous YES to my second goal. I JUST finished step nine of snowflake yesterday morning - and all that's left is the rough draft. WOW.
And for the Margie class? The folks I'm working with needed to skip a week because of life stuff, so we're a lesson behind. But still on track!
So, I'm generally pleased with how the month went. And I'm officially getting ready for conference (which means SERIOUS writing!). So...it's March goals time!
- Post, on topic, at least twice a week to my blog (with 2/3 of it fresh content) - this does not count teaser posts to other blogs I post to.
- Write a minimum of 40,000 words in Handmaiden to a Princess
- Be done with ALL the lectures in Margie Lawson's Defeat Self-Defeating Behaviors.
- Try to at least read the emails/lessons in Ane Mulligan's free ACFW Course on Motivation, Goal, and Conflict.
How are you doing with your goals?
Scripture Stories: Timeless Truths
Wow! You had a great February! I'm working on the third novel of the Serenity Cover Series, and it's going really well.ReplyDelete
Also, taking a marketing class. So thrilled that you're going to a "big-time" Christian writing conference this year! Hugs!
Good for you, Rita! Thanks for stopping by!Delete
Congrats to you Joanne on making such progress.ReplyDelete
Thanks, Wanda! Thanks for the encouragement, and for stopping by.Delete