Welcome to week FIFTEEN of my dear, dear friend Patty Wysong's From A 2 Z 4 U and me. We're working through the alphabet - one letter each Tuesday. No rules, other than your post has to relate to the letter of the week. Link up at Ordinary Lives and check out everyone else's post. Click on the graphic above for more details, and stop by Patty's blog on Tuesday or later to link up.Thought about "O" for a while, and nothing really grabbed me, until I thought about the word ONLY. I figured I'd share several of the ways this word applies to me and my life.
|All of us - plus Mom and Dad|
- I am the ONLY daughter in a family of five kids (natural, steps, and halfs). I did NOT like it. Not ONE bit. Though now that we're older, it's fine. I get a bunch of wonderful sisters-in-law, and I didn't have to share my room, clothes, or friends with them when I was little :)
- As much as I can remember, I was the ONLY person in any of my elementary, junior high, or high school classes named "Joanne." I never had to be Joanne W(or worse!). I was never crazy about my name, though I thought "Joanna" was pretty nice. Nobody ever called me that, though.
- I am probably the ONLY person who lives in Michigan who doesn't like apples. True, I'm not from here, but Michigan is one of the apple capitals of the world, and I would avoid them in just about every form (other than apple juice or totally covered with caramel).
- Marc and I have been some of the ONLY Jewish converts at the three churches we have attended. It's a blessing to be able to share our experiences as God's chosen people. I love studying the Old Testament (where I see SO many reflections of Christ) and the New Testament (where I understand, more than many I think, how it fulfills the Old Testament).
- There is ONLY one way to get into heaven--and I found it when I read Isaiah 53 in February of 1999. Jesus died for my sins. By His wounds I am healed.
Riding God's Grace Over Rough Roads