But that calendar on my wall (yeah - I still have one on my wall) isn't lying. Here it is, July 2. So, I guess that means it's time to review my goals for June. And here they are, direct from my last goals/progress post:
- Make serious progress on improving Handmaiden to a Princess
- Write at least four Biblical fiction devos for the book with Jennifer Slattery
- Get as much as possible out of Writing Body Language and Dialogue Cues Like a Psychologist class (by Margie Lawson!) and apply it to my book.
- Four blog posts average a week
- Send out more Ailing Body, Nourished Soul queries if needed
I only managed two Bib fic devos this month (but that WILL change next), and I haven't sent out any more queries. If you recall, I sent out three - two rejects, and one I'm waiting for a response on. Have four more places I wanna send. As far as blog posts, 18 in four and a half weeks is just about right for my goal.
Now to Margie's class. It was, in a world, INCREDIBLE. I learned so much that will help my descriptions. And I am CERTAIN I will be taking more of her classes. (click here for info) And I recommend you do the same. They are a LOT of work, but well worth it. (this is NOT a paid endorsement LOL)
So, now that you know how June went, here are my goals for July.
- Get my Handmaiden To A Princess plot and characterization straightened up and get to writing
- Write four biblical fiction devotionals for my project with Jennifer Slattery
- Send out four more queries for Ailing Body, Nourished Soul
- Keep up with my new responsibilities as blogger for the FaithWriters blog (check it out!)
- Three blog posts average a week
Paving Rough Roads With God's Presence