I know that there can be controversy about tooting your own horn, especially in Christian publishing, but being friendly comes naturally to me, and encouraging others is a part of who I am. And both of these things are excellent ways to get your name out.
So, what do I do?
- I scan over 100 blogs daily, reading ones that interest me and commenting on some (google reader is a great tool for this)
- .I blog here regularly
- I have my blog linked to networked blogs, and make a point of inviting folks to follow it as they become my Facebook friend.
- I have a Facebook account - both a personal one and a writer one.
- I highlight OTHER PEOPLE'S writing, both here on my blog and in the cheering section at the FaithWriters' Message boards
- I have a twitter account and use it (not as much as some, but I DO use it ;))
- I guest blog at other people's blogs when I can
- I am a monthly or bimonthly contributor to two different group blogs (Internet Cafe Devotions and The Barn Door)
And if this is gonna help me get God's message (through me) out to "the world," I certainly wouldn't complain.
Paving Rough Roads With God's Presence