First, straight from my July post, here were my goals for the month:
My goals for July:
- Work on my book every day of the month, if only for fifteen minutes
- Continue to work on beefing up/"showing" what happened in my manuscript, starting with chapter 19, where I left off, and continuing in order.
- Read a couple Shirley Jump articles, and watch the webinar I PAID FOR about using social media
So, how did I do? Unless I am remembering incorrectly, I DID work on my book every day this month. Been making good progress too. In fact I only have four chapters to go in my beefing up/showing stuff! I think it's reasonable to believe I will be DONE with this edit/read-through before August is completed! Just look at my "edited" word count!
I'm not sure I'm gonna make it quite to 60K, but that's all right. Still have more read-throughs to do.
Oh - and as for number three? I DID watch the webinar, but still have NOT touched the Shirley Jump articles. I will - at some point - really!
And how about my goals for August, you might ask...? Here they are:
During the month of August, I plan to:
- Work almost (see #2) every day (at least ten minutes) on showing/beefing up my book manuscript up, beginning from where I've left off and continuing until the end (planning to finish this edit this month!).
- Concentrate on learning all I can from the Faithwriters' Conference on August 7 and 8, with a focus on what I need to make this book a success (these are the days I'm NOT working on my book manuscript this month).
- Assuming I finish this showing/beefing edit before August is over, begin a read-through for repetition/flow and other such things.
Good for you Joanne!!! I know you'll meet your goals this month too!ReplyDelete
Have a great time at the conference!
Go, Jo, Go!!ReplyDelete
Yay, Jo! You are doing so GREAT. I am in awe. Woohoo! Cheering.ReplyDelete