For the month of January, I set the goal of rereading my manuscript thusfar, doing some very preliminary edits if I saw them, and writing 8000 words. I am please to say that I met BOTH of my goals. I'm especially proud of not getting caught up in "fixing" my older chapters. There is a LOT of work to do--but I just wanted a reminder of where I'd been. I added (and subtracted) some words as I went through, but the main focus was remembering what I'd written.
As far as my word count..., well..., here's my ticker as of last night.
8763 / 8000 words. 110% done!
Slow and steady is DEFINITELY working for me!
Now that I'm done, it's time to set my goal for FEBRUARY. And it's a simple one.
By the end of February 2009, I, Joanne Sher, will strive to add 9000 words to Ailing Body, Nourished Soul.I'm currently at around 34,000 words (you can always check my book progress tab for updated information on that - I up the word count each time I finish a chapter, and I'm in the middle of one there). I'm thinking that, if I keep going at this rate, I MAY be done with the first draft by the end of March (!!!!). We'll see, though.
I'll put up my new goals (and new ticker) on my sidebar this evening, after I get some words written in this new month. Thanks to all of you for your support!