My deadline to submit my complete nonfiction manuscript to the One Hope contest at Write Integrity Press (which I finalled in! Winner gets cash and a publishing contract!) is only two months away, and I still have me some work to do. And I do NOT like turning things in at the last minute.
But enough about how short time is. How did I do in October, and what are my plans for November? Read on to find out
Here are my goals, direct from last month's goals/progress post.
- More research for Handmaiden to a Princess
- Keep up in the Mastering Goal, Motivation, and Conflict class at Savvy Authors
- Keep up in October's free ACFW course on characterization
- Prepare a chapter of Handmaiden to a Princess for the free edit Cindy Vallar (teacher of the writing and researching historical fiction class I took) offered to all her students.
I did SOME research, but not a whole lot. Checked a couple books out from my local library, and have found some others at a local college library that I'll investigate later. Started taking a bit of notes too.
I did NOT prepare the chapter for the edit - but his was a deliberate decision. With all the changes I'll be making to the plot and such, I'd rather get a critique on a chapter that at least resembles what I'd be submitting to agents/editors eventually. Here's hoping I get that chapter written in a timelyish fashion. But not in November.
Speaking of that-month-that-starts-tomorrow...
Here are my goals.
- Take notes necessary in Plants of the Bible by Michael Zohary and The History of Ancient Israel by Michael Grant (my two library books) for Handmaiden to a Princess.
- Keep up in ACFW's November loop course on weaving the spiritual thread into your story.
- Fix up Ailing Body, Nourished Soul for the One Hope contest, based on my dear friends' read-throughs. Would LOVE to be ready to submit by my next goals/progress post.
- Do some plotting (snowflaking?) on Handmaiden to a Princess with the new ideas I have. Thinking serious writing may begin either in December or January.
So - How was YOUR month?
Traveling Rough Roads With God's Strength